The best way to gain muscle mass is to aim for a wide range of strength training workouts. So, you are likely to need different types of weights depending on how much capacity you have. In this context, it is important to understand that the traditional weights are usually cumbersome; they are also quite costly. This is why adjustable dumbbells are becoming rather popular amongst fitness enthusiasts. They are convenient for the individuals keen to build muscle mass because they allow him to combine different types of weights in a single unit. Bowflex is one of the leading manufacturers of fitness and training equipments and their adjustable dumbbells are no exception in this regard. Bowflex has introduced the SelectTech 552 and 1092 adjustable dumbbells.
How do the Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells work?
- When the Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbells became a rage, the manufacturer launched the SelectTech 1090 models. These obviously offer a higher weight range compared to the predecessor. It includes more or less the exact same features as the 552 model except that the range of workouts is wider; the appearance is almost identical. The SelectTech 1090 adjustable dumbbells from Bowflex can cover weights in the range of 10-90 pounds. It is possible to replace nearly 17 weight sets and this makes the dumbbells perfectly suited for working out the lower body. The manufacturer also comes with a 2-year warranty for the 552 and a 3-year warranty for the 1090 models.
- The Bowflex 1090 has been designed for the stronger athletes and therefore it offers an even greater weight range to work with. You can adjust the weights in 5 pound increments and it is possible to change to 17 distinct weight settings. Like the SelectTech 552 model, this 1090 model also comes with the dial-a-weight system which the user is free to adjust according to his preferences. By twisting a dial, it is possible to change the weight settings from as low as 10 pounds to as high as 90 pounds. This easy and intuitive mechanism for changing weights is what appeals to buyers the most.
- The unit is also very safe to use because when the desire weight has been chosen; it gets attached to the dumbbells and the remaining weights stay locked on a special tray provided by the makers.
- These adjustable dumbbells from Bowflex are attractive to look at and retain the traditional dumbbell look. There are many new models of adjustable dumbbells that have been launched in the market today which have weird designs and may not appeal to the users; they appear rather cumbersome. These are pleasing to the eye and a great addition for the home gym.
- In terms of quality, Bowflex adjustable dumbbells, like the rest of Bowflex products, are excellent and reflect features which any good fitness product should have. They are stylish to look at, sleek in design and adjusting weights is easy. The product comes with a unique money back guarantee apart from the standard warranty. So, if you find that the dumbbells are not as expected, you are free to return the products within 6 weeks and claim a refund.